1 hr 15 mins
A galette is nothing more than a free-form tart, sweet or savory. This one makes a great light dinner, lunch or appetizer, especially in the summer when the basil and tomatoes are freshest. Feel free to experiment with other fillings - the method is the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced thin
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 c. packed)
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 tart pastry dough (see my Recipe)
- 1 -2 ripe tomato, cut into thick slices and drained on paper towels (about 3/4 lb.)
- 3 ounces gruyere or 3 ounces parmesan cheese or 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 large egg yolk, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1Oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2You will need a sheet pan (preferably one without sides) lined with parchment.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a saute pan and add teh onions.
- 4Saute until light brown, about 10 min.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Add the garlic, basil and corn and saute about 1 minute more.
- 7Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let cool completely.
- 8Roll the galette dough out to a 15" round on a lightly floured surface, then fold it in half, then in half again and transfer it to the parchment lined sheet pan.
- 9Unfold it.
- 10Spread the onion mixture over the dough leaving a 2" border all the way around.
- 11Lay the tomatoes in a single layer over the onions and season them lightly with salt and pepper.
- 12Sprinkle the cheese over top.
- 13Fold the edges of the dough inward over the filling, pleating if you like, or just fold over free-form- it doesn't matter, this is a rustic tart.
- 14Brush the egg yolk mixture over the edge of the exposed edge of the tart.
- 15Bake until the crust is brown and the cheese is melted, about 35-45 minutes.
- 16Cool for about 10 minutes, then slide it onto a rack to finish cooling.
- 17Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato, Corn & Cheese Galette
Serving Size: 1 (938 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1798.9
- Calories from Fat 1087
- Total Fat 120.8 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 304.7 mg
- Sodium 1250.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 47.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: