Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing and easy summer salad, one of my go-to side dishes with grilled meats. It's a modified version of several different recipes I've seen online.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 16 ounces of frozen super sweet petite corn (You can also use fresh corn off the cob but it is much more labor intensive!)
- 2 -3 avocados
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro (to taste)
- lime juice, freshly squeezed, about 1 large (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- Put frozen corn in large serving bowl. Chop tomatoes in half and add to corn. Allow these to sit while making the dressing.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Mix very well. Add to corn and tomato.
- Chop 2-3 avocado. I prefer ones that are just barely ripened so they don't get too mushy in the salad. If you are making this in advance, wait to to add the avocado so it doesn't turn brown.
- Add the cheese and stir gently.
- If you allow this to sit up to an hour before serving, the flavors blend together beautifully.