Recipe by ~Paula~
This recipe was presented at the 7th Annual Kohler Food & Wine Experience in Kohler, Wisconsin by Chef Ryan Anderson. Chef Anderson served this conserve with his Wisconsin Raclette Cheese Honey Truffle Pasty (I've posted my variation here at Recipezaar under Raclette, Honey, and Mushroom Pastries Raclette, Mushroom, and Honey Pastries). This was a wonderful holiday appetizer with the flavors of Christmas spices!
- 4 cups tomatoes, peeled and diced with the seeds
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 orange, with the rind on & sliced very thinly
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tomatoes, sugar, oranges, cinnamon, and cloves in a heavy-bottom pot and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 25 minutes and strain the tomatoes, reserving the juices.
- Return the juices to the pan and simmer 10-15 more minutes to reduce and concentrate their flavor.
- Combine the tomatoes and the juices and allow to cool to room temperature.