Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my notes.
- 4 salmon fillets, 6 oz. each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for salmon
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced, drained, pureed in blender
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the butter, if desired, until melted and incorporated.
- Meanwhile, brush roasting pan, or baking sheet with olive oil and arrange salmon fillets on the pan, skin side down.
- Brush fillets with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and the fresh dill.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees; if fillets are thicker than 1" bake for about 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some tomato concasse mixture spooned on top of each portion of fish.