Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A tangy sweet condiment made with ripe tomatoes, crunchy apple, vinegar, and spices--serve hot or cold with grilled meats, or spread on bread.
- 3 lbs ripe tomatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium granny smith apple, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- In 12-inch skillet, heat all ingredients to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 45 to 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens.
- Spoon chutney into bowl cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Use within 2 weeks.