Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Cooking Light March 2010. Great served with a Ploughman's Lunch Platter.
Make and share this Tomato Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 plum tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- Place first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, bring to boil.
- Add onion, and remaining ingredients, stir to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until thick, stirring occasionally.