Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
South Beach Diet p1.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-in pieces
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- Place peanuts, oil, mustard seeds and cloves inot a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add cumin, cook until peanuts become light golden.
- Add onion and cook untilo the onion softens.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and curry and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
For me this was one of the most unusual (& tasty) chutneys I've ever had! Absolutely loved the peanuts & cloves as well as the other spices! I'll be keeping this recipe around, & have 2 very special friends who'd love to have me gift them a sample of this gem of a chutney! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]