Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Got this from the "Young Times" magazine, sounds darn good!
Top Review by Bippie
Almost like my favorite Indian restaurant! I added 1 tsp of garam marsala because I didn't think it had enough flavor with just 1/2 tsp. I'm not sure if I used the right kind of chilies, but they were long and green and not too spicy, so I guess they were perfect for me. Thanks!
- 5 -6 tomatoes
- 5 green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder, leaves chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast tomatoes and green chillies separately on open flame (preferably over live coal or alternatively on gas flame) till nicely done.
- Allow it to cool slightly.
- Peel off the outer skins of both tomatoes and green chillies.
- De-seed the chillies and chop.
- Chop tomatoes as well.
- Roast cumin seeds on a griddle.
- Powder them coarsely.
- Mix tomatoes and green chillies with the rest of the ingredients.
- Grind coarsely and voila!
- Tomato chutney is ready!