A comforting soup that I like to make on the weekend and enjoy for lunch throughout the week.
Make and share this Tomato Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups tomatoes, de-skinned, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender (approx. 15 min).
- Make a double boiler by placing a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure that the water does not touch the bowl.
- Add butter and stir while it melts. Sprinkle in flour, salt, pepper and mustard. Add milk all at once. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and continue stirring until smooth.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese has melted and sauce is thick.
- Add to vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Add parsley and serve piping hot.