1/1 Photo of Tomato Chokha
Grilling the tomatoes gives them the best flavour, but blistering them under a broiler works as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil tomatoes until they become brown and blister.
- 2Cook until soft, about ten minutes. remove and cool.
- 3Peel the tomatoes. Place in a bowl and mash. Set aside.
- 4Heat oil in a frying pan and add the onion. Saute until translucent, then add the garlic.
- 5Fry garlic until it turns golden brown, then add nigella seeds and fry until they begin to pop.
- 6Stir in the tomatoes and saute for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- 7Serve with Indian flat bread or as a side dish with rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Chokha
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 155.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g