Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This smooth and chunky tomato condiment is sweet and spicy. Can be use on burgers, hot dogs, egg sandwiches, Top a meat loaf with it. I leave the skins on for its health benefits and ease. Do use organic tomatoes.
- Pulse tomato and chipotles in a food processor till chunky. Place in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stirring often. Boil uncovered, about 30 minute.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, vinegar, and salt. Stir as it returns to a boil. Boil about 30 minutes, stirring often, until it thickens. If tomatoes have lots of water continue to cook till thickened.
- Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 10 minute Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.).
- Sealed jars can be store up to one year in a cool dark pantry.
- Unsealed store in refrigerator up to 1 month.
- Altitude times:.
- 1,000-3,000 5 minutes.
- 3,001-6,000 10 minutes.
- 6,001-8,000 15 minutes.
- 8,001-10,000 20 minutes.