Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is fairly simple, quick and inexpensive.
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno peppers
- Blanch tomatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 15 seconds.
- Cool in bowl of ice water and slip off skins.
- Cut tomatoes crosswise in half and squeeze out seeds; then finely chop with knife or in food processor.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and whisk briefly.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in small bowl until blended.
- Add to tomatoes and whisk vigorously.
- Whisk again just before serving.
- Serve with grilled hamburgers, fish, shrimp or chicken.