- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (796 ml)
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (540 ml)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (8 ounce) bag spinach, I don't use it (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat; saute onion, garlic, oregano, hot pepper flakes and salt until onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomato paste; fry for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas and paprika; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thick enough that space remains after spoon is dragged through, about 25 minutes.