Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 538.64 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzos)
- 236.59 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tomatoes, cut into large dice
- 236.59 ml chopped cucumber
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 236.59 ml cubed swiss cheese (for a change, replace Swiss cheese with feta, mozzarella, Cheddar or Monterey Jack)
Dressing for Tomato Chickpea Salad
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4.92 ml dried tarragon leaves
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- Salad: In large bowl, combine chickpeas, parsley, tomatoes, cucumber, onions and cheese.
- Dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic and seasonings.
- Toss dressing with salad ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
Great salad! It's colorful, tasty and filling. Loved the fresh taste from the herbs. I cut the oil down to 2 tbsp but that is all I changed. I liked the swiss cheese and I'm sure almost any cheese would work in this. Thanx for sharing.
I used feta cheese, and this tasted very much like a Greek salad -- except with chick peas. Had to use apple cider vinegar because I didn't have any white wine vinegar. Good recipe!
Absolutely sublime! I substituted the Swiss cheese with half Haloumi and half feta, and it was such a hit I had make copies of the recipe for all my guests!