Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzos)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tomatoes, cut into large dice
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cubed swiss cheese (for a change, replace Swiss cheese with feta, mozzarella, Cheddar or Monterey Jack)
Dressing for Tomato Chickpea Salad
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Salad: In large bowl, combine chickpeas, parsley, tomatoes, cucumber, onions and cheese.
- Dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic and seasonings.
- Toss dressing with salad ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
Great salad! It's colorful, tasty and filling. Loved the fresh taste from the herbs. I cut the oil down to 2 tbsp but that is all I changed. I liked the swiss cheese and I'm sure almost any cheese would work in this. Thanx for sharing.
I used feta cheese, and this tasted very much like a Greek salad -- except with chick peas. Had to use apple cider vinegar because I didn't have any white wine vinegar. Good recipe!
Absolutely sublime! I substituted the Swiss cheese with half Haloumi and half feta, and it was such a hit I had make copies of the recipe for all my guests!