- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzos)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tomatoes, cut into large dice
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cubed swiss cheese (for a change, replace Swiss cheese with feta, mozzarella, Cheddar or Monterey Jack)
Dressing for Tomato Chickpea Salad
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Salad: In large bowl, combine chickpeas, parsley, tomatoes, cucumber, onions and cheese.
- Dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic and seasonings.
- Toss dressing with salad ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.