Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
If tomatoes are plentiful in your house then this recipe is for you! Super fast (10 minutes!) to put together and very healthy. If you’d like to see more photos/tips for this recipe, please check it out on my blog: http://redlab27.alissahebert.com/2012/08/tomato-chickpea-salad.html.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 25 large basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch salt
- Drain chickpeas and rinse in a strainer to remove the starch. Place in a large bowl.
- Chop the basil and cut the tomatoes in half. Add to the bowl and combine with the chickpeas.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Serve cold.