I was skeptical about how these flavors would mix together, but it worked out really well! It made a great side dish for salmon. The leftovers could be served cold as a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni (about 2 cups uncooked)
- 2 cups canned chick-peas, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- 2In a large bowl, combine pasta, chickpeas, and tomatoes.
- 3Stir in flour, milk, salt, and basil.
- 4Transfer to dish and spread evenly.
- 5Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of casserole.
- 6Bake, covered at 375° for 30 minutes.
- 7Uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes until the top is browned and crunchy.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Chickpea Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 686.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 10.5 g