Recipe by SJG3483
I adapted this recipe from one I found on a can of crushed tomatoes, and everyone loved it. You can scale the recipe in half, but you will probably want the leftovers. For the pasta, I recommend a curly pasta.
Top Review by Goodeatin
This was great...with changes. It would have been so bland as written, though...Main thing was adding spices- I put 1 tsp minced garlic plus salt and pepper, but it still needed garlic salt sprinkled at the table, so I will have to figure out how much for next time. Will start with 1/2 tsp b/c that was what I used in the leftovers and was great. Also used 3 or 4 c fresh chopped tomatoes I needed to use and didn't use the paste. It was so fresh-tasting like this!!! Will make again.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, prepared according to package
- 1 lb curly pasta, cooked according to package & kept warm
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken and onion over medium-high heat in a nonstick 6-quart saucepan until chicken is no longer pink.
- Blend in tomatoes and soup and heat through.
- Add hot pasta and spinach and blend.
- Season to taste.
- Note: Instead of heating everything on the stove, I put it in the oven for a few minutes.