Recipe by * Carly *
A fast cream dish found in Quick Cooking N/D 2004 issue Can substitute shrimp, sausage or even sliced pepperoni for the chicken.
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked penne or 2 1⁄2 cups penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in wine or broth; cook for 1 minute.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and slightly thickened.