1 hr 15 mins
Chicken with rosmary and flour, pan-fried, with tomato sauce. From Detroit Free Press food section, 21 years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (if dried, half as much)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1Blend the tomatoes thoroughly using a blender or food processor.
- 2Heat oil in a saucepan and add the onions and garlic.
- 3When the onions have begun to soften, add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- 4Let simmer about 20 minutes.
- 5While the sauce is simmering, pound chicken until it's about 1/2 inch thick.
- 6Put eggs in mixing bowl and add rosemary, water, and salt and pepper. Beat well.
- 7Coat the chicken with flour and shake off the excess.
- 8Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on moderately high heat.
- 9Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, coating well.
- 10Add chicken to hot oil and cook until golden brown, flipping once.
- 11Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.3
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 183.7 mg
- Sodium 396.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 31.0 g