1/3 Photos of Tomato, Chevre and Green Bean Salad
For World Tour II - France. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 1986)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine onion and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a small bowl and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain onion and return to bowl. Set aside.
- 2Steam green beans until crisp-tender. Drain. Set aside.
- 3In a small cup or bowl combine basil and mint. Set aside 2 tablespoons. Blend remainder into onion/vinegar mixture.
- 4On a large salad platter, arrange end piece of one tomato slice against the rim of the plate, cover partially with goat cheese slice, sprinkle with onion mixture. Repeat with remaining tomato slices, cheese and onion mixture, working from rims to center of platter (starting tomato slices at different points around rim of platter).
- 5Divide green beans into 4 bundles and fan out between tomatoes.
- 6Sprinkle tomatoes with reserved basil/mint mixture.
- 7Sprinkle olives over beans.
- 8Season salad with salt and pepper.
- 9(Can be prepared one hour before serving and refrigerated, bringing back to room temperature).
- 10Just before serving sprinkle oil and vinegar over entire salad.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato, Chevre and Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 225.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g