For World Tour II - France. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 1986)
Make and share this Tomato, Chevre and Green Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Combine onion and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a small bowl and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain onion and return to bowl. Set aside.
- Steam green beans until crisp-tender. Drain. Set aside.
- In a small cup or bowl combine basil and mint. Set aside 2 tablespoons. Blend remainder into onion/vinegar mixture.
- On a large salad platter, arrange end piece of one tomato slice against the rim of the plate, cover partially with goat cheese slice, sprinkle with onion mixture. Repeat with remaining tomato slices, cheese and onion mixture, working from rims to center of platter (starting tomato slices at different points around rim of platter).
- Divide green beans into 4 bundles and fan out between tomatoes.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with reserved basil/mint mixture.
- Sprinkle olives over beans.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.
- (Can be prepared one hour before serving and refrigerated, bringing back to room temperature).
- Just before serving sprinkle oil and vinegar over entire salad.
5 plus stars for this recipe. Not only does it taste great, it's a beautiful company dish if you make the little effort it requires to lay it out. I used fresh tomatoes and yellow wax beans I had just bought at the farmer's market. My only comment is that I had difficulty cutting the goat cheese so it remained sliced so I sprinkled it on top. Just as pretty either way. I used chive goat cheese, and you could use that or another herbed one to add another dimension. Excellent recipe, will be making this again.