Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I threw this together one night when I had to use up some produce--it turned out great! I make this as a side dish or as a meatless main dish by itself.
- 1⁄4 butter
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb white mushroom, quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, DIVIDED
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, melt butter.
- Add onions, garlic, cabbage, mushrooms, salt and pepper and cover; stirring occasionally until cabbage is wilted.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add tomato soup and milk and stir well.
- Add HALF of the shredded cheese; mix well.
- Pour into a casserole or baking dish and sprinkle with remaining half of cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for about 20-25 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
This is a nice way to serve cabbage, I also added some bacon that needed to be used along with other ingredients in the skillet, a nice change from the ever popular cabbage & bacon saute.