Recipe by Dib's
Here's a great summer pie for brunch, lunch or dinner. Real or imitation crab is a fantastic addition! Serve with a salad and breadsticks.
Top Review by ellie_
Very filling, tasty and easy-to-make vegetarian dish. We served this with Brocolli and Feta Salad recipe#69782 and had Filled Custard with Fresh Fruit recipe#55650 for desert for a very filling but relaxed meal. Thanks Di for sharing.
- 1 3⁄4 cups Bisquick (see Bisquick)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 small yellow onion, minced and divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Dijonnaise mustard (or other creamy mustard-mayo blend)
- 1 1⁄2 cups drained and crumbled feta, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl combine the Bisquick, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and buttermilk and mix until JUST blended.
- Pat into the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Toss the tomato slices with the flour and arrange one layer over cheese crust.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of feta, 1/2 of the onion, basil, salt and pepper.
- Repeat without the feta layer.
- Stir together the remaining parmesan, mustard mayo, and 1 cup of the feta.
- Spread evenly over top of pie.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove and let stand 15 minutes on a wire rack before cutting.
- ***Real or imitation crab is an awesome addition for a whole meal pie with a side salad.