Recipe by Latchy
A tasty bread recipe based on a recipe by Valli Little
Top Review by FlemishMinx
This IS a tasty bread! Good texture, too. I used a small loaf pan 12 cm X 16.5 cm X 6 cm deep and the timing was perfect as given. I used a combination of oregano and thyme as that is what I had in the garden, I think basil would be even better. Next time I'll add the chopped herbs in with the wet ingredients (step 4), it is difficult to get them well mixed in the following step. If you added chopped salami or pepperoni, you could call this pizza bread ;) Thanks for posting.
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 150 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 75 g pitted black olives, chopped
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 teaspoons mixed chopped herbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200dC.
- Grease and line a 450g loaf pan.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil and wine, then add to flour with the tomato puree and mix to a moist dough.
- Stir in cheese, olives tomatoes and herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes then reduce temp to 160dC and bake a further 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly in the pan and turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.