Recipe by Pepper Monkey
These are a great snack, or substitute for grilled cheese sandwhiches.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Great snack, I used Turkish bread and grated mozzarella cheese because it was all I had on hand otherwise I kept the recipe. It was quick and perfect for a bread lover and someone who has tones of tomatoes at home. Thank you .::.Blink.::.
- 8 slices of thick French bread (or you may substitute white sandwhich bread)
- olive oil
- tomatoes, slices
- mrs dash italian seasoning (or make your own)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- place the bread on a cookie sheet and brush with olive oil.
- broil until lightly toasted.
- turn bread over and brush with olive oil.
- place tomato slices on 4 slices of bread, sprinkle with seasoning, grated cheese and a slice of mozzeralla.
- broil until cheese is melted.
- remove from oven and place tops on sandwhiches.