Recipe by Margie99
This fondue is like no other fondue recipe I have seen, my mom made it since I was a kid and we love it. Only 4 easy ingredients, tomato juice, onion soup mix, lemon juice and sharp cheddar cheese and 2 steps.
Top Review by Boomette
I really enjoyed this tomato cheese fondue. DH found it very salty. But I used a homemade onion soup mix without sodium so that helped a lot. Thanks Margie99 :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 236.59 ml tomato juice
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 35.43 g envelope onion soup mix
- 946.36 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the tomato juice, lemon and soup mix for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the shredded cheese one handful at a time, melting between each handful.
- When it is all melted you are done.
- We always use bread but you could use veggies or meat.
- It can be a bit salty so I think that is why bread works best.
- Also if you use a brand name onion soup mix I think its less likely to be too salty.