Recipe by NancysFancies
Almost tastes like a pizza in a casserole! It's especially delicious with summer tomatoes. This is a single serving, but I always either double or triple it. Good reheated the next day too.
- 1 tomatoes, large & ripe
- 1 onion, small
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin, seed, and chop tomato. To remove skin, place tomato in boiling water for about 20 seconds, and the skin will come off easily. To seed, slice the tomato in half after you've peeled it. Then, squeeze gently over the sink.
- Chop the onion and saute in butter until translucent. Remove from heat, and add the breadcrumbs, cheese, and oregano.
- Add the chopped tomato and mix again. Spoon into small casserole dish or ovenproof ramekin. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. I usually put some extra breadcrumbs & grated cheese on top and about halfway through baking. Let the top get a little brown & crispy.