Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 can tomato bisque soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread halves on a baking sheet, with cut sides facing up.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix soup, both cheeses, onions, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper.
- Spread mixture on bread.
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut into serving pieces.
I believe I first found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website. I've made it a few times now, and I'm very glad to see it posted here. It's very good - especially as the weather turns cool! If your grocery store doesn't have tomato bisque, add Italian seasoning to regular undiluted tomato soup to sub.