Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This bread is wonderful made with garden fresh tomatoes, it's perfect for a barbecue! I used the Philadelphia brand soft cream cheese in the small tub for this. Use only firm plum tomatoes for this.
- 1 (8 ounce) container soft cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (can use more)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large unsliced French bread
- 4 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (can use less)
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave the the cream cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 20 seconds; Add in the Parmesan cheese, garlic and basil; mix well to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise.
- Evenly divide and spread the mixture over the cut sides of the bread.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes, then sprinkle a small amount of salt over the tomato slices.
- Broil about 5-inches away from heat with the oven door partially open for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into desired size slices.