Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This really sounds yummy....Woman's Day Magazine
Make and share this Tomato-cheddar Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Heat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- Coat two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2- inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together baking mix, shredded cheese and salt to taste in a large bowl.
- Make well in center of mixture.
- Add eggs, milk and tomatoes to well.
- Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide batter evenly between the pre-pared loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool pans on rack 5 minutes.
- Turn out of pans.
- Serve warm.
This is a wonderful bread--so easy and so tasty! I, too, split the recipe in half and I baked it in a 9x5 pan--baked for 42 minutes and it turned out terrific. Went together quickly and was ready to bake in what seemed like a flash! Served it with bean soup and a green salad and the bread just completed the meal! Thank you for posting this!
Wonderful flavor in this bread. I was amazed of how good it turned out. I did halve the recipe and made two mini loafs. DH and I really enjoyed these loafs. I have one saved for tomorrow :) I am thinking on making biscuits with this recipe next time. I believe that really will hit the spot!! Thanks for sharing your recipe.