Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good warm and cold, this bright tasting soup can be made ahead and frozen. Of course you can use fresh tomatoes instead of canned. In the absence of basil, parsley or chives would be an acceptable alternative. I use a stick blender to purée this soup in the pot.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Fry diced onion in oil until onion is oft and begins to brown.
- Add carrots, peeled and diced, and curry powder. Cover and cook until carrots are tender.
- Add chopped tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil, chopped, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer one minute.
- Puree soup, then stir in 4 more tablespoons chopped basil.
- Serve hot or cold.
This soup is wonderful! Good for you, refreshing taste of fresh vegetables, and very easy to make. It is in my favorites file as of now. Thanks fayz!
I've had this recipe for ages, but I never reviewed it, sorry !!! I love it !!! I've made it many times.