Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Paula Deen's recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup finely diced tomatoes (can of petite diced)
- 2 teaspoons finely diced onions
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon the lady's house seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package miniature phyllo cups
- 1⁄2 cup packed shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons hormel real bacon bits (or more)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Placed the diced tomatoes in a colander. Sprinkle with the oinions, basil, and House Seasoning, and toss to coat. Allow to drain, stirring occasionally.
- Fill each phyllo shell with a scant tablespoon of the tomato mixture.
- Stir together the mozzarella and mayonnaise. Frost the top of each shell with a scant tablespoon of the mozzarella mixture.
- Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of bacon pieces.
- Bake the filled shells for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot.
- These may be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until serving time.
Crunchy morsels of fresh tomato and basil with cheesy topping, very delicious! I used way more basil.