3 hrs 5 mins
2 hrs 40 mins
Flavorful and rich, for toast and muffins. This may be canned! From Organic Gardening(1986).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, quarter and seed tomatoes.
- 2You should have about 8 cups.
- 3Quarter and seed apples.
- 4Toss tomatoes and apples into a large kettle and heat until the juice boils.
- 5Reduce to simmer and continue to cook for 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6Reduce heat to low and cook for two hours more, or until mixture is thick and most of the moisture has evaporated.
- 7Add cinnamon and puree in a processor or blender.
- 8To can, pour hot tomato butter (at least 160*F.) into clean half-pint jars.
- 9Process in boiling water for 35 minutes.
- 10Butter can also be frozen.
- 11To serve, defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- 12Yield: 3 to 6 cups, depending on tomato variety.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Butter
Serving Size: 1 (719 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.2 g
- Sugars 55.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g