Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 40 mins
Flavorful and rich, for toast and muffins. This may be canned! From Organic Gardening(1986).
Make and share this Tomato Butter recipe from Food.com.
- Peel, quarter and seed tomatoes.
- You should have about 8 cups.
- Quarter and seed apples.
- Toss tomatoes and apples into a large kettle and heat until the juice boils.
- Reduce to simmer and continue to cook for 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for two hours more, or until mixture is thick and most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Add cinnamon and puree in a processor or blender.
- To can, pour hot tomato butter (at least 160*F.) into clean half-pint jars.
- Process in boiling water for 35 minutes.
- Butter can also be frozen.
- To serve, defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- Yield: 3 to 6 cups, depending on tomato variety.