Recipe by dicentra
I was amazed by how quick and easy this was to make. Yummy too! I didn’t have dill or fennel, so I used basil.
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth, plus
- 2 (15 ounce) cans water
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 cups undrained canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bulgur
- ground black pepper (use lots!)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot combine broth, water, herbs and veggies except the tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and their juice.
- Add the bulgur and mix well.
- Return to a boil and simmer until the bulgur is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add pepper to taste and serve.