Recipe by Rhonda O
LO CAL/LO CHOL From Betty Crocker's Healthy New Choices Perfecto!
Top Review by Bergy
MMMmmm Good! I cut back on the cream cheese and added some small anchovies had to use dried Basil (worked fine) and finished them off with some parmesan cheese on top (just a bit) Thanks for a very enjoyable recipe. I sure wouldn't throw these away - perhaps a mistake was made by the chef that rated them so low!!!! Thanks Rhonda O
- 12 slices French bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounces packages low-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 small tomatoes
- 1 medium green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven control to broil.
- Place bread slices on cookie sheetBroil with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toastedMix cream cheese and Basil: spread on untoasted sides of bread slices.
- Broil about 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomato, onion and olives.