Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
LO CAL/LO CHOL From Betty Crocker's Healthy New Choices Perfecto!
- 12 slices French bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounces packages low-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 small tomatoes
- 1 medium green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
- Set oven control to broil.
- Place bread slices on cookie sheetBroil with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toastedMix cream cheese and Basil: spread on untoasted sides of bread slices.
- Broil about 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomato, onion and olives.
MMMmmm Good! I cut back on the cream cheese and added some small anchovies had to use dried Basil (worked fine) and finished them off with some parmesan cheese on top (just a bit) Thanks for a very enjoyable recipe. I sure wouldn't throw these away - perhaps a mistake was made by the chef that rated them so low!!!! Thanks Rhonda O
This was wonderful, simple and easy to make. I used regular cream cheese as it was on hand. I did not read the recipe really well the first time and so I put the tomatoes on before putting them back in the oven. They were delicious all the same the only problem was they were getting eaten right of the pan before they went back in the oven. We tested these tonight and we are looking forward to making them again tomorrow for New Years. Thanks!
To each his own! I love it!