- 8 slices Italian bread
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread.
- Rub one side of hot toast with cut side of garlic.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook, stirring until tender.
- Add tomato, oregano and pepper, stir.
- Spoon tomato mixture over garlic side of hot toast and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, sprinkle with Parmesan and broil for 1 minute.