Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- Toast bread.
- Rub one side of hot toast with cut side of garlic.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook, stirring until tender.
- Add tomato, oregano and pepper, stir.
- Spoon tomato mixture over garlic side of hot toast and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, sprinkle with Parmesan and broil for 1 minute.
Absolutely loved it, Pixie. Followed directions and used just a touch of cheese on top. So clean and fresh tasting. Thnx for sharing. Made for KcK's Photo Forum Tag Game.
Simple easy and hit the spot. Instead of parmesan cheese I used a Jalapeno Gouda - Super tasty recipe Thanks"Pixie" for posting
Thank you Pixie for submitting this recipe. I didn't change a thing on this recipe. It was fantastic. I like using the Italian bread instead of the French bread. It doesn't get as hard after you bake it. The ladies in my craft night ate every bite and asked for more, they'll have to wait until the next craft night get-together. Thanks again. I give your recipe 5 stars. Melody