Recipe by Tebo
A fast simple and easy dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Top Review by Sandra Hyde
Tomato and egg. Rich in vitamins and lip smacking good taste! Wish I'd thought of cooking the eggs in the broth a long while ago - it's absolutely brilliant. I served the eggs on some English muffins and spooned some of the broth over them as well. Then tucked in. Definately on my menu again.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet, add garlic, cook 3 to 4 minutes then discard the garlic
- Add remaining ingredients except eggs.
- Slowly bring to a boil then simmer uncovered 7 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Break eggs into a cup and gently slide into the sauce.
- Cover and simmer 5 to 6 minutes or until eggs are set.