Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A meal on its own... Great for picnics and summer parties. Looks great with the coloured pasta. Not too high in calories either. One of my sister's recipes passed down...
- 1⁄4 lb rigatoni pasta or 1⁄4 lb other pastas (I use vegetable pasta, 1/2 a box)
- 3 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 3 roma tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄4 lb lowfat mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh parsley (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- black olives, as much as you like
- Cook pasta until tender but firm.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Wrap in paper towel and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli for 2 minutes in boiling water.
- Drain and rinse in cold water and wrap in a towel.
- In salad bowl combine pasta, green onions,tomatoes, cheese (add broccoli just before serving) Dressing: Combine lemon juice, water, garlic, mustard and olive oil till mixed well.
- Pour over salad and toss till mixed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Tastes even better the next day.
- The broccoli is added last because the acid in the salad dressing will cause the broccoli to lose its green colour.