Valerie in Australia's Note:
A meal on its own... Great for picnics and summer parties. Looks great with the coloured pasta. Not too high in calories either. One of my sister's recipes passed down...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb rigatoni pasta or 1/4 lb other pastas (I use vegetable pasta, 1/2 a box)
- 3 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 3 roma tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1/4 lb lowfat mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley (optional)
- 1Cook pasta until tender but firm.
- 2Drain and rinse under cold water.
- 3Wrap in paper towel and set aside.
- 4Blanch the broccoli for 2 minutes in boiling water.
- 5Drain and rinse in cold water and wrap in a towel.
- 6In salad bowl combine pasta, green onions,tomatoes, cheese (add broccoli just before serving) Dressing: Combine lemon juice, water, garlic, mustard and olive oil till mixed well.
- 7Pour over salad and toss till mixed.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- 10Tastes even better the next day.
- 11The broccoli is added last because the acid in the salad dressing will cause the broccoli to lose its green colour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato, Broccoli and Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.9
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.5 g