1/2 Photos of Tomato Breakfast
A simple Middle Eastern breakfast dish something like fried tomatoes. I learned the basics of this from my SIL.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking oil (vegetable, canola)
- cooking onion, chopped
- fresh tomato, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- sweet butter (optional)
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- unrefined extra virgin olive oil
- pita bread, to serve (We eat with rice cakes or rice crackers to be gluten free)
- 1Heat a few tbs cooking oil in a frying pan depending on how much you are planning to make. (approx 5 plum tomatoes, 2 tbs oil for 3 servings).
- 2Add everything to taste.
- 3Add chopped cooking onion more or less per preference and fry quickly until soft, not dark.
- 4Add in chopped fresh tomatoes, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Turn up heat and fry until just soft, squishing a few times with your spatula (not to sauce, it will just be chunky) add butter for extra flavour & or fresh chopped cilantro if using, near to the end of cooking time.
- 5Pour into a shallow bowl and drizzle on some of the good quality olive oil.
- 6Serve with pita bread to scoop and separate plated cheeses, olives, etc as an Arabic breakfast would traditionally have (eggs can also be served and tea would be included).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g