Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where I originally got this recipe...but it is very simple and has a lot of flavor. Gives a bit of a change from the everyday lettuce salad.
- 8 cups cubed Italian bread or 8 cups French bread
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, tomatoes, basil and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients; drizzle over bread mixture.
- Cover and let stand 30 minutes before serving.