1/2 Photos of Tomato Bread Pudding
1 hr 5 mins
Southern Sugar Dumplin's Note:
I love homegrown tomatoes, and while they are in season, this is a yummy side dish. Courtesy of Rachel Ray. Update to recipe: After cooking for minutes, I gently mixed, then cooked for 10-15 minutes longer. Then topped with parmesan and put under broiler to melt cheese and toast. Also recommend lightly toasting the baguette prior to cutting into cubes, then rub with fresh garlic before mixing with tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Grease a 1 1/2 quart shallow casserole dish.
- 2Using a food processor, pulse the tomato halves, salt, sugar and a pinch of pepper until coarsely pureed.
- 3Place the bread cubes in the prepared dish and pour in the melted butter to coat. Top with the tomato puree and gently mix to distribute.
- 4Bake until crusty and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes more. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.8
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 821.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g