1/2 Photos of Tomato Bread (Pane Al Pomodoro)
4 hrs 40 mins
Use as many or as little tomatoes as you want.
My Private Note
round l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- 14.79 ml olive oil (or oil from the sun-dried tomatoes)
- 12.32 ml active dry yeast (18 g)
- 59.14 ml warm water
- 236.59 ml water, room temp
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 887.21 ml unbleached all-purpose flour (500 g)
- 9.85 ml salt (10 g)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1Lightly sauté the garlic and onion in the oil; let cool to room temp stir the yeast into the warm water and let stand till 10 minute.
- 2Stir in 1 c water and garlic and onion w/ the oil; then stir in the tomatoes.
- 3Mix the flour and salt and stir in 1 c at a time into the yeast mixture.
- 4Knead on a floured surface until the dough is soft, velvety, and slightly moist (about 8 to 10 minutes) Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise 1 hr or until doubled.
- 5Punch the dough down on a floured surface and knead briefly.
- 6Shape into a ball and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet sprinkled with flour, cover w/ a towel and let rise until doubled, about 1 hours.
- 7Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 8Make 3 parallel slashes on the top of the loaf and brush with egg white.
- 9Bake 10 minutes, spraying 3 times (every 3 minutes) with water.
- 10Turn heat down to 375°F and bake 25 to 30 minutes more.
- 11Cool completely on a rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Bread (Pane Al Pomodoro)
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 304.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g