Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A fragrant, fabulous bread. I serve it with any sort of homemade soup, with an Italian meal slathered in garlic butter, or...my favorite...make a grilled cheese sandwich with this bread!
- 1⁄4-3⁄8 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon dry active yeast
- Place all ingredients in the order listed (unless your specific machine calls for it to be put in the opposite way).
- Set the machine for: 1 pound size; light crust;.
- When bread is done, remove from the pan and let cool for 1 hour before slicing.
Excellent bread Geema, thanks for sharing! Our bread maker only makes 1 1/2 or 2 lb loaves, so we set it on 1 1/2 and made it anyway and it turned out great!! The seasonings give it a yummy taste, very Italian. We served it with pasta and salad, perfect match. We will be making it again often!!
Very good unique tasting bread that is a great addition to pasta meals. I changed some of the ingredient amounts so I could make a larger loaf including adding 1 cup of whole wheat flour and adjusted other ingredients accordingly. Thanks Geema for a unique bread recipe that we will be making again.
A delicious red tangy bread, great toasted with lots of butter. My loaf turned out very small - I don't know whether I did any thing wrong, but it was good because I always throw out half a stale loaf of bread!