Recipe by LsuGrrl
Really good appetizer or a snack while watching games. My brother came up with this when he was only 13. We like to use La Victoria Salsa Suprema.
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf baguette
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup bottled salsa
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 medium tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Slice bread in 1/2 lengthwise.
- Slice tomato.
- Spread 1/2 of butter over 1 half slice of bread. Add 1 teaspoon garlic salt, then 1/2 of the salsa. Layer 1/2 the tomatos slices and 1/2 the cheese.
- Repeat with other sliced 1/2 of bread.
- Place on foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes til cheese is melted. Let cool 5 minutes. Cut into 2 inch slices and serve.