1/1 Photo of Tomato Bread
3 hrs 40 mins
Make your next sandwich memorable with this hearty, herbed loaf!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease large bowl and two loaf pans with olive oil.
- 2In small saucepan, heat juice, sauce and 2 tbs olive oil to 120 F degrees.
- 3Combine 3 cups flour with yeast and remaining ingredients.
- 4Pour in tomato mix and beat 3 minutes.
- 5Gradually add remaining flour until it holds together enough to turn out on floured surface.
- 6If the dough is too sticky, and you may need to add a little more flour, but not too much or you will have a dry bread.
- 7Knead about 5 minutes, until dough smooths out, place in lightly oiled bowl (olive is best here!), turning to coat dough with oil once, cover and let rise 1 hour.
- 8Punch dough down, let rest 15 minutes, then shape into 2 loaves, and place in pans.
- 9Cover pans and let rise 45 minutes.
- 10Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- 11Bake loaves 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 F and bake 30-40 minutes more.
- 12Bread is done when loaf sounds hollow when thumped with knuckle.
- 13Tip loaves out immediately onto wire rack to cool.
- 14*Note-Insteadof individual spices, you can also use 1 3/4 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1763.7
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2158.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 349.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 47.5 g