1/1 Photo of Tomato Braised Leeks
A winning combination from a winner - Tyler Florence!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim root end of leeks& cut off all but 3 inches of the green end.
- 2Cut the leeks in half lengthwise; if very large, cut into quarters lengthwise.
- 3Rinse well, blot dry with paper towels& set aside.
- 4Heat oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add bacon& cook for 5 or 6 minutes.
- 6Stir in remaining ingredients& cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 8 minutes.
- 7Remove skillet from the heat.
- 8Remove half of the tomato mixture from the skillet.
- 9Arrange the leeks side by side in the skillet.
- 10Top with the reserved tomato mixture& cover the skillet.
- 11Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the leeks are tender, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Braised Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 158.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g