Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posting to try from the BBC.co.uk site. This recipe is credited to Brian Turner from "Ready, Steady, Cook."
- 3 ounces tinned kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- squeeze lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash olive oil
- 2 slices white crusty bread, cut into cubes
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 ounces danish blue cheese, crumbled
- Mix the kidney beans, onion, chives, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a frying pan, add the bread cubes and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- To serve, place the sliced tomato on a serving plate, top with the kidney bean salad and scatter over the cheese and toasted bread cubes.
A simple yummy salad that can double as a meal. I used a weird kind of Danish blue cheese that was smeary instead of crumbly. I would have liked crumbly more. Loved the lightly fried bread, not so greasy or dry as croutons can get.