Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
We had our own family "Iron Chef" competition and the secret ingredient was tomato. My DH and I came in with these prize winning appetizers. They are yummy!
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch fresh oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Combine bread crums and parmesan cheese in shallow bowl.
- Combine milk and eggs in a seperate dish.
- Slice tomatoes about 1/4 inch thick.
- Dip tomatoes in milk mixture, then bread crumbs.
- Lay tomato slices on a broiling pan. Sprinkle with fresh oregano and mozzarella cheese.
- Broil 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melty and bread crumbs are browned.
- Meanwhile, heat tomato sauce, garlic, and more fresh oregano in a pan over low heat, stirring occassionally.
- Serve tomato bites with dipping sauce, enjoy!