Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
originally from Neighborhood Bakery, found on Fox 13 Utah website.
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients in sauce pan and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup flour and cook another 20 minutes.
- Combine all above ingredients and heat to simmer.
- Add vegetables and cook until simmering again.
- Puree with wand mixer or put into a blender and blend.
- Add tomatoes last and heat.
- Tomatoes should be the only thing that is chunky.
- Heat until all ingredients are hot.
- Serve with croutons or sprinkled with cheese.